Japanese Translation Services
Corporate Translations is a UK based professional Japanese translation agency. We translate business, legal, financial, technical, medical, media and website documents and copy from Japanese to English or English to Japanese. Based in Essex near London in England, Corporate Translations are a long-established professional language agency producing accurate Japanese language translations. We utilise a large database of mother-tongue fully trained business translators and select a translator who understands your business industry.
For more information on our Japanese business translation service please click.
Japanese Typesetting Services
Our Japanese typesetting services cover brochures, business cards, stationery, packaging labels and export documentation. We have a database of hundreds of fonts and follow your English design layout as much as the script allows
What is the Japanese Language
Japanese is spoken by over hundred million people, uniquely has 3 kinds of writing.
- Kanji – Chinese characters each conveying and idea. Mor than 2000 Kanji characters are commonly used.
- Hiragana – A phonetic syllabary.
- Katakana – A phonetic syllabary. used for words of foreign origin. There are about 50 of them.
Kanji was introduced from China about 2000 years ago. Hiragana and Katakana were made up from certain Kanji characters in order to represent the Japanese syllabary. Hiragana was formed by simplifying the whole shape of certain Kanji, and Katakana were formed from a single part of one Kanji.
Japanese sentences can be written vertically from top to bottom or horizontally from left to right.
- Japanese nouns have no gender and the verb normally comes at the end of the sentence.
- Various degrees of politeness are expressed in Japanese, and it is very important to use the correct register according to the people you are communicating with.
- The Japanese equivalent of a comma is “､”, and a full stop is: “｡”.